Friday, January 20, 2017

Lemon pull aparts


These are the rolls I said I would post from Candace's shower. I used orange instead of lemon (zest and Juice). I also use Terrell's Country Bakery Roll and Scone dough instead of Rhodes.    -Sarajane Luper

These are the rolls I said I would post from Candace's shower. I used orange instead of lemon (zest and Juice). I also use Terrell's Country Bakery Roll and Scone dough instead of Rhodes.

Ingredients:
12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold (leave in fride overnight)
zest from 2 whole lemons
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted

Citrus Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Directions:
Mix lemon zest with sugar. Cut rolls in half and place in a 12-inch sprayed deep dish pizza pan or 9x13-inch sprayed baking pan. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over rolls. Sprinkle with lemon zest/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 of mixture to sprinkle on just before baking. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size. Remove wrap. Sprinkle on remaining mixture. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Remove immediately from pan and place on cooling rack. Combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over pull-aparts.

No comments:

Post a Comment