Friday, January 20, 2017

Bread Bowls


The recipe is really simple. For a 2 loaf batch (roughly 5-6 bread bowls at 7-8 ounces a piece).   Betsy Cannon

Ingredients:
2 cups warm water ( I proof the yeast in 1/2c of the water with a little bit of the sugar before adding it to the mixture)
2 T yeast (or 2 packets)
2 tsp salt
2 T sugar(some for the proofing)
2 T oil or butter(I usually use oil)
6 cups of bread flour (I really never measure this...I just make sure that the texture is correct when during mixing)

Directions:
This recipe actually calls for powdered milk of 1/2c but I didn't use any. You let the dough raise until double then punch it down and shape the bread bowls until they have raised about double again. I use a scale to get the bread bowls the same size but I'm sure you can eyeball it. Bake at 400 until golden brown. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment