Thursday, April 6, 2017

Key Lime Pie

Delicious from: A Bountiful Kitchen Blog

https://abountifulkitchen.com/2008/11/my-my-my-my-key-lime-pie.html


My, My, My, My Key Lime Pie

2 cups graham cracker crumbs, crushed with a food processor (about 1 1/2 packages)
1/3 cup butter melted
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix together in a large bowl. Press onto bottom and 1” up the sides a 9” greased spring form pan or a pie plate. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool.

3 large eggs, separated
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
2 tablespoons sugar
1-2 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla

Whisk egg yolks; add condensed milk and next three ingredients. Beat egg whites until foamy with mixer. Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar beating until soft peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture, spoon into prepared crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until set. Cover and chill for 4- 8 hours. 

Beat whipping cream until stiff. Add sugar and vanilla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment